PEO-BES High Priority To Get NETCENTSII NETOPS Within 6 Months
PEO-BES, Carl Shofner, answered questions after welcoming industry to the Nov 18 Vendor Exchange Forum and the inevitable and immediate questions came about NETCENTSII contract status and recent protest activity.
He stated it was a high priority to have NETCENTSII NetOps Small Business available within six months.
Breaking that down from a PEO perspective, six months supports a timeline as follows:
- Late December award announcement
- Christmas holidays
- Jan 5th - Ten business days (3x day) for Debriefs begin after January New Year
- Jan 16th - Begins ten calendar day period for Protest filing
- Jan 26th - Protest Period closes
- Jan 26 - May 6th - GAO 100 day Protest period
So while we might flinch when he mentioned six months, it seems to accurately capture a PEO level planning period. Mr. Shofner also indicated the NETOPS F&O effort was on-hold as resources were devoted to the NETOPS Small Business protest resolution. The previously announced award date for the NETOPS Full & Open contract will slip.