The flaw in the Air Force's newly found 'award to everyone to avoid protests' strategy execution is that you really have to award to everyone. Apparently Camber Government Solutions did not want to miss out. They've filed a protest with the GAO.
Protestor: Camber Government Solutions, Inc.
Solicitation Number: FA8771-09-R-0018
Agency: Department of the Air Force
File Number: B-404951.7
Outcome: Not Decided
Status: Case Currently Open
Filed Date: May 27, 2015
Due Date: Sep 4, 2015
Case Type: Bid Protest
Twenty happy new primes tonight as award announcements were received late this afternoon. Twenty-three submissions result in twenty awards.
May 15, 2015
- "AT&T Government Solutions Inc., Vienna, Virginia (FA8732-15-D-0031);
- BAE Systems Information Solutions Inc., McLean, Virginia (FA8732-15-D-0033);
- Booz Allen Hamilton Inc., McLean, Virginia (FA8732-15-D-0034),
- Computer Sciences Corp., Falls Church, Virginia (FA8732-15-D-0036);
- Federal Network Systems LLC, Chantilly, Virginia (FA8732-15-D-0037);
- General Dynamics Information Technology Inc., Needham, Massachusetts (FA8732-15-D-0038);
- Harris IT Services Corp., Herndon, Virginia (FA8732-15-D-0039);
- HP Enterprise Services LLC, Herndon, Virginia (FA8732-15-D-0040);
- IBM U.S. Federal, Reston, Virginia (FA8732-15-D-0041);
- LGS Innovations LLC, High Point, North Carolina (FA8732-15-D-0042);
- Lockheed Martin Corp., Rockville, Maryland (FA8732-15-D-0043);
- L-3 National Security Solutions Inc., Reston, Virginia (FA8732-15-D-0044);
- NCI Information Systems Inc., Reston, Virginia (FA8732-15-D-0045);
- Northrop Grumman Systems Corp., McLean, Virginia (FA8732-15-D-0046);
- NextiraOne Federal LLC, doing business as Black Box Network Services, Herndon, Virginia (FA8732-15-D-0035);
- Raytheon Co., Dulles, Virginia (FA8732-15-D-0047);
- Science Applications International Corp., McLean, Virginia (FA8732-15-D-0048);
- SRA International Inc., Fairfax, Virginia (FA8732-15-D-0049);
- Telos Corp., Ashburn, Virginia (FA8732-15-D-0050);
- and URS Federal Services Inc., Germantown, Maryland (FA8732-15-D-0030),
are being awarded a $7,910,000,000 multiple-award, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract for Network-Centric Solutions-2 (NETCENTS-2) network operations and infrastructure solutions.
This contract vehicle will provide a wide range of services and solutions that support existing legacy infrastructure, networks, systems, and operations, as well as evolving the infrastructure, networks, systems and operations to comply with the Air Force enterprise architecture. It is the network operations, full and open, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract vehicle for Air Force users as well as other Department of Defense and federal agencies. This contract vehicle is the mandatory source for all Air Force units purchasing services that fall under the scope of the contract.
The location of performance is not known at this time and will be cited on individual task orders. The initial ordering period is three years. This award is the result of a competitive acquisition with 21 offers received. NETCENTS-2 is a set of five categories of contract capabilities spanning netcentric products, network operations and infrastructure solutions, applications services, enterprise integration and service management, and information technology professional services.
The contracting activity is Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Maxwell Air Force Base-Gunter Annex, Alabama."
Multiple NETOPS Small Business Primes confirm the Air Force has scheduled a Program Kick-off for the MITS week in Montgomery, to be held at Gunter Annex on Thursday, May 21st.
The annual AFCEA Montgomery IT Symposium is scheduled for May 18-20 in downtown Montgomery.
NETCENTSII.com has confirmed with NETCENTSII NETOPS Small Business Primes that they've been notified the recent Agency Level protest has been resolved. The stay of the NETOPS SB contract has been lifted according to three sources. A kick-off conference is being scheduled.
AFICA-763d Specialized Contracting Squadron will host an Information Technology (IT) and NETCENTSII Application Services Matchmaking and Industry Day on 4 Jun 2015 from 0800-1600.
An overview of upcoming procurements for IT and NCII Application Services will be presented in the morning along with brief training/tips and Small Business (SB) capability presentations from SBs capable of teaming on IT & NCII Application Service Acquisition Pipeline list. In the afternoon, the Government will be conducting one-on-one sessions for each acquisition on the acquisition pipeline list. Additionally, the Small Business Specialist (SBS) will have appointments available.
763 SCONS is soliciting capability briefings from Small Businesses interested and capable of teaming with NCII Application Services prime contractors and other IT contractors in attendance for the requirements on the acquisition pipeline list. Due to schedule constraints, we only have room for eleven SB capability briefings. However, SBs are encouraged to attend and network. SBs who wish to present their capabilities to all in attendance must sign up at the Eventbrite link listed below.
505 Corporate Center Drive (Intersection of 158 and Siebert Road)
Shiloh, IL 62221.
Register for this event at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/afica-763-scons-it-nc2-industry-day-2015-tickets-16535112968 Password: FA4452
A limit of 2 one-on-one appointments for the acquisition pipeline list allowed per company.
A limit of 2 people per company may attend the event.