Monthly Archive for: ‘July, 2013’
NETCENTSII Application Services Full & Open Awards AnnouncedIndustry Shocked That Only Six Awards Were Made.
According to DEFENSE.GOV, the Air Force has selected six (6) awardees for the NETCENTSII App Services Full & Open contract from 21 responses received. Lockheed Martin Information Systems and Global Solutions, TYBRIN Corp., Harris IT Services Corp., SRA International, Raytheon, and L-3 National Security Solutions have been awarded a multiple award, indefinite- delivery/indefinite-quantity (IDIQ) contract.
- Lockheed Martin Information Systems and Global Solutions, Owego, N.Y., (FA8732-13-D-0001)
- TYBRIN Corp., Fort Walton Beach, Fla., (FA8732-13-D-0002)
- Harris IT Services Corp., Dulles, Va., (FA8732-13-D-0005)
- SRA International, Fairfax, Va., (FA8732-13-D-0003)
- Raytheon, Garland, Texas, (FA8732-13-D-0006)
- L-3 National Security Solutions, Reston, Va., (FA8732-13-D-0004)
This contract vehicle will provide services such as sustainment, migration, integration, training, help desk support, testing and operational support. Other services include, but are not limited to, exposing data from authoritative data sources to support web-services or service oriented architecture constructs in Air Force enterprise environments.
This contract vehicle is the mandatory source for all Air Force units purchasing services that fall under the scope of the contract. This award is the result of a competitive acquisition; offers were solicited electronically through Federal Business Opportunities website and 21 offers were received. Some of the unsuccessful bidders include: SAIC, General Dynamics (incumbent), Northrop Grumman, NCI (incumbent), CSC, and CACI.
The period of performance is seven years, and the ordering period is a three year basic period with four 12-month options, if exercised. The Air Force Life Cycle Management Center/HICK, Maxwell Air Force Base-Gunter Annex, Ala., is the contracting activity.
The Air Force states the Notional Schedule released in June (listed below) remains valid for all other NETCENTSII contract awards. However, two Air Force sources state the NETOPS Small Business awards are expected in October 2013.
The Air Force released a new NETCENTSII Notional Award Schedule on June 28th. In the recent June 19th Industry Day, Deputy PEO, Scott Warren, detailed the funding and staffing cuts that BES is now experiencing. He stated shortened work week furloughs begin 8 July and that all work on furlough days is prohibited.
- Application Services Full&Open award date – April August 2013.
- Products award date – May October 2013.
- NETOPS Small Business award date – August November 2013.
- NETOPS Full&Open – December 2013, off the chart, no date known.
- ITPS remains “on Hold.”